The Christchurch Tragedy Continues in the Aftermath

The Christchurch mosque attack will go down in history books as one of the worst mass killings in history. To add more grief to an already horrible tragedy, the mother of one of the victims passed away only hours after her son’s funeral.

The death of Saud Abdelfattah Mhaisen Adwan was blamed from the grief that came from losing her son during the New Zealand terror attack. Fifty worshippers lost their lives that day.

The young man had only been living in Christchurch for six months after moving from Jordan. He was waiting for his wife and three children to meet him there,

His brother convinced him to move to New Zealand who had lived there for twelve years. He had called it a safe place to raise a family.

However, Adwan along with 49 other members of the Islamic congregation consisting of two mosques, died in the attack on March 15.

Tragedy Continues in Christchurch Days after the Massacre

This past Friday, his family laid him to rest. That night, however, his mother suffered cardiac arrest and passed away herself. An official from the Jordanian Embassy mentioned she passed in her sleep.

Adwan already had a heart condition when she arrived in New Zealand from Jordan. She stood with her daughter-in-law and her grandchildren at his funeral in the Memorial Park Cemetery to honor their lost family member.

The family found the heart-broken 65-year-old grandmother dead Saturday morning.

Yaser Mohammad, a family friend, said she died because she couldn’t handle the horror of losing her son. Mohammad then noted that there are arrangements to take the coffin back to Jordan.

Adwan is only one of the many relatives of victims in the massacre at Masjid al Noor mosque and the Linwood Majid to suffer from a heart attack just days after the incident.

Mohsin Al-Harbi, a Saudi Arabian originally, was the fiftieth victim of the killings. He initially survived the attack but passed away in the hospital eight hours later.

Manal, the wife of the 63-year-old, became distressed while searching for him. She collapsed during a heart attack and was taken to the hospital.

For now, she is fighting for her life at that hospital in critical condition.